Job Title: General Manager
The General Manager role is the first step in the Karpinske Enterprises LLC Management Leadership Program. During your interim role as the General Manager for a location you will learn all functions of a McDonald’s restaurant to ensure the restaurant meets our critical customer standards of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness. These standards are high, so this is a big job!
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Performs all duties of department managers.
- Manages a staff of approximately 45 to 60 employees. Assigns, oversees, and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance.
- Provides on the job training for new employees.
- Delegates and is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of all food, labor, equipment, cleaning, and paper supplies for the unit to ensure a minimum loss for waste or theft.
- Assists in the supervision of the preparation, sales and service of food.
- Forecasts food items. Estimates what amount of each food item will be consumed per shift.
- Supervises food preparation and service operations while on duty. Assists team during rush periods to ensure the maintenance of restaurant efficiency.
- Assists team in greeting customers, taking orders, using the cash register, assembling orders, and checking for completeness and correctness.
- Ensure that every customer receives world class customer service.
- Can Complete Opening or Closing Procedures.
- Executes systems and procedures with 100% integrity and completeness.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork.
- Responsible for 100% of the cash drawers of the cash drawers always during the shift.
- Audits previous shift’s systems and procedures for 100% integrity and completeness.
- Completes preventive maintenance and upkeep on store equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older to be a manager in our corporate owned and operated restaurants.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Business Administration preferred but not required.
- Previous leadership experience in restaurants strongly desired, or experience in hospitality or retail.
- Position requires bending, reaching, stooping, climbing, repetitive motions, cognitive skills, standing and moving about the restaurant the entire workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to transfer to other Karpinske Enterprises McDonald’s restaurants located within the same region. Relocation may be required.
- Willingness to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as business dictates.
- Availability must support the business and business needs as the market and results dictate.