General Manager Position
Work for a well-respected, family-owned McDonald’s franchisee! The Karpinske/Newman Organization is looking for positive leaders for our General Manager in Training. Prior managerial experience is preferred, ideally within a similar industry or environment. The General Manager in Training (GMIT) is the first step in the Karpinske Enterprises LLC Management Development Program. This is a short-term role that provides both work assignments and training opportunities in preparation to be promoted to a General Manager position. You will learn all the functions of a McDonald’s restaurant to ensure the restaurant meets our critical customer standards of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Performs all duties of department managers
- Manages a staff of approximately xx to xx employees. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance.
- Provides on-the-job training for new employees
- Delegates and is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of all food, labor, equipment, cleaning and paper supplies for the unit to ensure a minimum loss for waste or theft
- Assists in the supervision of the preparation, sales and service of food
- Forecasts food items. Estimates what amount of each food item will be consumed per shift.
- Supervises food preparation and service operations while on duty. Assists team during rush periods to ensure the maintenance of restaurant efficiency.
- Assists team in greeting customers, taking orders, using the cash register, assembling orders and checking for completeness and correctness
- Ensure that every customer receives world-class customer service
- Completes opening or closing procedures
- Executes systems and procedures with 100% integrity and completeness
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly paperwork
- Responsible for 100% of the cash drawers of the cash drawers at all times during the shift
- Audits previous shift’s systems and procedures for 100% integrity and completeness
- Completes preventive maintenance and upkeep on store equipment and supplies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Required Skills/Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal, sales, and customer service skills
- Organized and pays close attention to detail
- Excellent time management and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and leadership skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate
- High functioning in fast paced environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software
This position requires bending, reaching, climbing, repetitive motions, and standing/moving throughout daily shifts. Must be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds at a time.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or Business Administration preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years or older to be a manager in our corporate owned and operated restaurants
- Previous leadership experience in a similar environment or experience in the hospitality industry strongly desired
We offer the following benefits for this position:
- Paid Time Off
- Reduced Health Insurance Costs
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Clothing Spending Allowance
- Advancement Opportunity
- Willing to Relocate with Relocation Assistance
This position starts at $60,000/year with an addition of up to $8,000 in bonuses.
- Willingness to accept promotion (if offered) for the General Manager position
- Ability to transfer to other Karpinske/Newman McDonald’s located within the same region, relocation may be required
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as business dictates